Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Robots, gears, stars... glimmer mist?

Even though I have 3 boys, I find that most often my scrapping and card-making is quite girly. So I was actually a bit intimidated when I started on Mason's birthday card. I had bought the DCWV All About Boys Stack specifically for these types of projects for my boys and was quite excited to break into it!

I asked Mason just a few days before what his favorite color was and he told me orange, so I started out with making the card base out of bright orange cardstock. I knew I wanted to use the robots paper but wasn't sure if I wanted a big chunk background or what. After playing around with different designs I decided on doing a cutout of a robot and some gears. 

I also bought a kit from my besty Tiffy's etsy that has a bunch of embellies that match the paper I used, but I didn't like the way the gear die cut matched, so I decided to try something new! I just got my first glimmer mist, so I turned the gear over and misted around it to have the outline of it. Note to self though - buttermilk cream glimmer mist does not show up so well on orange paper! It was fun to try though, and after adding some red pencil I think in turned out ok! I also got the orange stars ribbon and "Oh Boy Oh Boy" strip from the kit I bought from Tiffy.  

I had a lot of fun making this card, and am excited to start doing more "boyish" crafting heehee!!



No comments:

Post a Comment