Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday's Layout! 3 years later....

Happy Monday! I have decided I will share a layout I have created, or maybe that I just love that I have seen with you all each Monday :)

As you know from my last post my hubby and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary! (which was FAB by the way... sushi, shopping, pork carnitas and key lime pie mmm mmm mmm!!) Well, this LO was my gift to him as he had been complaining about the particular pics I previously had in the frame. I tried really hard not to make this too feminine, but also have it match the decor in our room (olive green, cream, black) The pics were taken on Christmas this past year.I started out with distressing the pictures by sanding the edges, flicked some glimmer mist all over the paper. I cut-out the heart from some paper I had tested the glimmer mist color on when I first got it :) and stitched the edge of the heart. The paper on the left side were in my scrap stash, and I distressed the edge of the green by sanding as well. The number 3 I cut out from a scrap from the complete Boys stack. After putting it all together I thought it needed something around the edges so I very lightly blended some Black Soot around them. The ribbon on the frame is actually some leftover from my wedding decorations ♥
Ignore the "bubble" in the ribbon... from hubs holding it...
Supplies used: Recollections "Naturals" 12x12 paper; Maya Road "Buttermilk Cream" Maya Mist; paper scraps from My Minds Eye complete "Boys" Stack; Autumn Leaves "Ticketed" clear stamp; K & Co adhesive borders;Tim Holtz "Black Soot" Distress Ink, "Wedding" alpha stickers; button from stash, cut-out heart, ribbon from stash.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job. I bet Andre loved it.

    ReplyDelete