Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Enjoy the Journey card

Hi everyone!!!! It has been a really long time since I posted anything! Things have been interesting around here with the finalization of Mason and Kira's adoption (YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and planning our move to Ft. Lewis. Along with all of that, May itself has been a quite eventful month. My sister Nicole starred in her high schools rendition of South Pacific (which may I say she was amazing!!!), we had Mother's Day, Sandy's birthday, and still to come is my dad and Sandy's anniversary. AND I get to go visit my husband for Memorial Day weekend!!!

Anyways, the reason for this post is to share the birthday card I created for Sandy :)

I have been dying to break into the paper collection by Fancy Pants Designs "It's the Little Things" which I got from Flamingo Scraps. The background paper is "Four Birds" and the red cardstock is from the Paper Company. I originally was going to emboss the stamped sentiment but thought that the words would become muddled, so instead I did it in Black Soot Distress ink, then misted it with Maya Mist in Iridescent Pearl. I cut it out and pop dotted it for dimension. I then added the swirls for some extra bling, because you know everyone needs a little bling on their birthday!!!

Other items used: ribbon from Oriental Trading

Have a blessed day!!

3 comments:

  1. Just an anonnomus admireror of your work and your beauty wow your husband is sosososososo lucky to have a Godly overly attractive super alpha female dominatrix who serves her family as unto the Lord. Aint gonna let the rocks out praise meeeeee aint gonna let em sing in my place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Kira is my friend at school! tell her I saw this

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is kaili btw kira is one of my best friends:)

    ReplyDelete